ZT News Network
Srinagar, July 22: Union Minister Prakash Javadekar interacted with Media persons and presented a report card of the First Fifty Days of the Government earlier today.
He highlighted that the primary focus of the union government has been towards farmers, labourers, businessmen, research, investment, infrastructure development, fight against corruption and social justice.
- The Minister enumerated several key decisions of the government:
- Rs. 6000 will now be provided to all farmers.
- MSP for several crops has doubled, and in some cases trebled in comparison to 2014 rates.
- 10,000 Farmers Producer Organization are being formed.
- Changes in Labour Code will benefit 40 crore informal sector workers through wage and labour security.
- For the first time, pension has been provided for traders.
- The Minister also highlighted the reduction in ESI contribution rates, for both employees and employers.
The Minister highlighted the steps taken to boost investment in the country. Rs 70,000 crore has been provided for Public Sector Banks (PSB) recapitalisation. India is striving towards becoming a 5 trillion dollar economy. A separate TV channel for start-ups will soon be started.
He said that in the next 5 years, Rs. 100 lakh crore will be invested towards development of infrastructure. He highlighted that the government is working in mission mode to comprehensively address water-related issues, which is evident through the formation of Jal Shakti Mantralaya.